“To positively change drink driving behaviour at events & activities likely to involve consumption of alcohol and driving. “
STEER Breath-testing was initiated in 2013 with support from an Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal ABC Heywire Youth Innovation Grant and Transport for NSW. STEER breathtesting positively influences driver behaviour by creating a person-to-person connection at the ‘coal face’ i.e. where choices about safe drinking and transport are made.
The STEER Project objectives are:
- increase awareness of standard drinks;
- increase awareness of safe celebrating options for those intending to drive;
- increase personal awareness of estimated BAC;
- provide an accurate measure of BAC at major Festivals, community events and private functions;
- change behaviour for those initially intending to drive who test over their legal limit.
Fore more information about STEER breathtesting please contact Phil Preston:
m – 0414 809 330
e - [email protected]
For access to music Festival Volunteer Information click here.